For the record, I just wanted to belatedly post a 2007 update to a Bosnia-based terror plot that was discovered in 2005. From Serbianna.com:

Denmark jails Muslim in Bosnia-linked terror plot (February 15, 2007):

COPENHAGEN, Denmark-A Danish court on Thursday convicted a 17-year-old man of terror charges and sentenced him to seven years in prison for involvement in a botched plot to blow up a target in Europe.

Three other defendants in the case were cleared of offenses.

The court found Abdul Basit Abu Lifa guilty of involvement in a terror plot uncovered in Bosnia in October 2005 with the arrest of two men allegedly preparing to carry out a terror attack.

The pair, Swedish national Mirsad Bektasevic and Abdulkadir Cesur, a Turk living in Denmark, were convicted by a Bosnian court last month of planning an attack aimed at forcing foreign troops to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan. The exact target of the plot remains unclear.

In the Danish case, police arrested Abu-Lifa and the three other defendants on Oct. 27, 2005, after a tip from the Bosnian police. Investigators used records of mobile phone calls and Internet chats to link the defendants in Denmark to the Bosnian plot.

A jury in the Eastern High Court said Thursday there was enough evidence to prove that all four defendants were involved in the plot, but the three-judge panel disagreed and overturned the verdicts against all but Abu-Lifa.

Under Danish law, judges have the right to overturn any decision made by the jury.

“It is very, very rare that this happens,” said Thorkild Hoeyer, the defense attorney for one of the freed defendants, Elias Ibn Hsain.

Prosecutors had demanded at least eight years in prison for Abu-Lifa, a Danish citizen of Palestinian descent, but the judges handed him a seven-year sentence, citing his young age.

Imad Ali Jaloud, who prosecutors said was the leader of the group, was kissed and hugged by family members and friends outside the court room. He refused to speak to media as he left.

Another acquitted defendant, Adnan Avdic, cried quietly inside the packed courtroom after it became clear he would be released.

Abu-Lifa’s lawyer, Anders Boelskifte, said they had not yet decided whether to appeal against the ruling.

Another report:

Bosnia: Four Islamists Jailed for Terrorist Plot (Spero News, via Allah’s Willing Executioners)

As they were handed down their sentences, all four shouted Allahu Ackbar in the courtroom.

The plot also included people living in Britain and Denmark.

The trial in Sarajevo, Bosnia, of four Muslims came to an end Wednesday, states AKI, with the four defendants all found guilty, and subjected to jail terms.

The convicted men included two with foreign passports - a 20-year old Swede of Bosnian parentage named Mirsad Bektasevic (pictured), and Cesur Abdulkadir, a Turkish man who has a Danish passport.

The pair had arrived in Bosnia three weeks before their arrest on October 23, 2005. When the pair were arrested, they were living in Ilidza, a suburb of Sarajevo. Their arrest had come after a surveillance operation which had also involved 10 people when it began.

The arrest had uncovered not only the videotape, but also suicide vests, about 30 kilograms, or 65 pounds, of high explosive, as well as exploding bullets and a machine pistol.

Mirsad Bektasevic, the Swede, had relatives in Bosnia. He had grown up on the west coast of Sweden. His mother, Nafija Hamedovic, claimed that Mirsad had left school about a year and a half before his arrest, and had begun to attend a mosque in Gothenburg, not far from their home.

It was at this mosque, she claimed in November 2005, that her son became influenced by three men - a Palestinian from Syria, a Kurd and a Somali. She said: “He was not religious before, but in the past two years he practiced more seriously. Some people frightened him and talked to him about hell, and told him he would be tortured in hell if he does not pray and does not believe.”

Bektasevic and Abdulkadir have been in custody in Sarajevo since their arrest last October. On September 23, 2006, the trial resumed after a hiatus. On that date, a video was presented before the court, in which two masked men were shown threatening to carry out terror attacks in Europe. In addition, a collection of weapons, including hand grenades and what seemed to be explosives, were displayed in the footage.

The individuals on the video stated that the arsenal was to be used against European countries which had soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq, and that they were all ready to commit the attack.

Monika Jagerman, from the Swedish Embassy in Bosnia-Hercegovina, has said that Bektasevic had admitted that he had made the video on a camera he had borrowed from his Bosnian aunt.

The video was recovered from the apartment that he shared with Abdulkadir. According to local media in Bosnia, Mirza Jusufovic, the judge, said that Bektasevic, Abdulkadir and two others were planning terrorist acts in Bosnia and also in several other European countries.

19-year old Bektasevic was given a jail sentence of 15 years and four months, while Abdulkadir Cesur received a 13-year sentence. Additionally, two Bosnian nationals who had assisted them in their attempts to gather explosives and weaponry, were also sentenced. These were 30-year old Bajro Ikanovic, who received a jail sentence of eight years, and Senad Hasanovic received a two and a half year sentence.

As they were handed down their sentences, all four shouted “Allahu Ackbar” in the courtroom.

The plot in which the men were involved also included people living in Britain and Denmark.

Mirsad Bektasevic, in his codename of Maximus was linked with three men who were arrested in Britain. Waseem Mughal from Kent, Younis Tsouli from West London, and Tariq al-Daour, were charged on November 4, 2005 with conspiracy and terror charges in the UK. The British terror suspects are assumed to have been hatching a plot to attack the White House in Washington DC, US.

The British suspects were arrested on October 21 to 22. Mughal faces 8 charges. He is accused of having a recipe for making rocket propellants and also possessing a DVD of jihadist “martyrdom operations.” Tsouli faces 8 charges. He is accused of having a video presentation on his computer showing how to make a car bomb, and also is said to have had a picture presentation of various locations in Washington DC. All three are accused of credit card fraud, and al-Daour is accused of receiving money and assets knowing that they may be used in terrorism.

Following the Bosnian arrests of Bektasevic and Cesur Abdulkadir (now aged 19) others were arrested in Denmark. On October 24, four young suspects were arrested in Copenhagen, followed by the arrest of two more on October 28 and another shortly after. The youngest of the Danish suspects was 16 at the time of arrest. Six out of the seven Danish individuals attended the same mosque in Noebbro district, whose imam is the notorious Abu Laban.

Laban, who would later provoke the cartoon crisis, said of the Danish suspects that the youths were introverted, because they had a “colossal hatred” toward society.

The trial of four of the Danish Muslims began on December 6, 2006. Seven people had been arrested at the end of 2005. Four had been apprehended on October 28, with two more arrested on October 29, with another apprehended shortly after. The suspects have been named as Abdul Basit Abu-Lifa, Elias Ibn Hsain, Imad Ali Jaloud and Adnan Avdic.

When arrested the Danes were suspected of plotting a major terror attack against a major European target. It was soon revealed that they had been in contact with a man in Bosnia named “Maximus”, aka Mirsad Bektasevic. The four Danish suspects on trial have been linked to Mirsad Bektasevic (”Maximus”) by mobile phone conversations and internet communications, said the prosecutor, Joergen Jensen. He said he would be presenting evidence of these at the trial. Mr Jensen told the 12-member jury: “They agreed with Maximus and Cesur that (the latter two) should travel to Bosnia to get hold of explosives.”

The Danish defendants are aged 17 to 21, and could face life imprisonment if found guilty. The trial is expected to continue until February 16. Abdul Basit Abu-Lifa, Elias Ibn Hsain, Imad Ali Jaloud and Adnan Avdic have all pleaded not guilty to charges of “attempting terrorism”, relating to their allegedly planning an attack in Bosnia or another European country. Their pleas were entered for them by lawyers. They themselves said nothing at the start of the court hearing, which took place in the Eastern High Court, Copenhagen.

And an earlier report: THREE DENY TERRORISM CHARGES IN BOSNIA COURT (Financial Times, May 3, 2006)

SARAJEVO, May 3 (Reuters) – Three men arrested in Bosnia last year pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to charges of buying explosives and weapons to carry out suicide attacks on Western targets in Europe.

“These are all false accusations and I am not guilty,” 1′–year–old Swedish citizen Mirsad Bektasevic told the state court.

Bektasevic and Turk Cesur Abdulkadir, 21, arrived in Sarajevo late last year to plan an attack aimed at forcing Bosnia or another, unidentified, European government to withdraw its forces from Iraq and Afghanistan, according to the indictment.

Bajro Ikanovic, a 2′–year–old Bosnian, helped them buy 20 kg (44lb) of explosives which they prepared to turn into a so–called “suicide belt”, the indictment said.

The hearing was adjourned after the pleas were heard and Judge Mehmed Sator said the court would schedule the first full session in two or three months.

In a videotape found by the police in October in one of the suspects‘ safe houses, men in balaclavas show how to make a bomb. “This weapon will be used against Europe, against those whose forces are in Iraq and Afghanistan,” they said in the tape.

Sarajevo police arrested the two men as they were about to complete their preparations.

Mobile phone records showed that Bektasevic, codenamed “Maximus”, was communicating with a man later arrested in Denmark on suspicion of terrorism activities, the indictment said. Two other men arrested in Britain on terrorism charges were also said to have links with Bektasevic.

Bosnia‘s liberal Muslims make up almost half the population. Since the September 11 attacks on the United States, the activities of hundreds of former Islamist fighters who stayed in Bosnia after the war have been watched closely watched.