The “Nis Express Massacre” happened on February 16, 2001, near Podujevo, Kosovo. From the KiM Info Newsletter, which chronicles the slow genocide of Serbian life and culture in Kosovo:

This heinous crime, one of the worst of its kind in post-war Kosovo has never been fully investigated by UNMIK police and KFOR and its perpetrators have not been brought to justice for this crime until now.* One of the suspects, a Kosovo Albanian former UCK [KLA] millitant Florim Ejupi, a member of a terrorist organization ANA(Albanian National Army - AKSH), managed to ran[sic] away from the US Millitary Detention facility at Camp Bondsteel in Eastern Kosovo under very mysterious circumstances.

In the bomb attack on Serb pilgrims heading to participate in a religious ceremony in Gracanica one entire buss[sic] was torn into pieces. The final death score was 12 dead Serbs and 40 wounded, some of them women and children. The survivers in the bus graphically described shocking scenes of human joints hanging around in the charred buss[sic] shell. Pieces of human bodies could be found dozens of meters around. The terrorists placed large quantities of explosives under a little bridge in an exclusively Albanian inhabited part of Podujevo municipality in order to blow up a Serb bus which was travelling[sic] in a convoy escorted by Swedish KFOR. The explosives were activated from a safe distance.

Regrettably, this crime as well as other major ethnic crimes against Kosovo Serbs under UN protectorate in Kosovo, remains uninvestigated — “Harvest massacre” in Staro Gracko in summer 1999, “River massacre of Gorazdevac children” in summer 2003, “Massacre of the Stolic family” in Obilic in 2003 and others. Several hundreds of Kosovo Serbs were killed in a series of systematic ethnic violence which culminated with the March riots 2004. Hundreds were kidnapped by UCK and many of their bodies have been recovered from mass graves around Kosovo.

* Note that it’s only recently that killings of Serbs in Kosovo are being investigated. It took a few years for this investigation to get underway, and it finally did so only because of increased, but unwelcome by Washington, international scrutiny.